FX250SS Short Shift Single Disc Clutch Kit
Our Short Shift (or SS) series of billet aluminum clutch covers were designed to take a typical single disc clutch kit to that next level of performance. From the get go our engineers sat down to develop a clutch kit that was street friendly, allowed for faster shifts, lighter rotating mass, and the consistent pedal feel you expect from a clutch on the track". To accomplish this we took everything we've learned from decades of perfecting our 725 Series Twin Disc clutch kits and designed it around the fitment of an OE style clutch cover. By doing this we've created something we feel is perfect for those enthusiasts that want every last bit of performance they can eke out of their car. The Short Shift series of clutch kits are perfect for the daily driven street car as well as a dedicated race car that doesn't make the power to necessitate a twin disc.
Features of Short Shift Billet Clutch Kits:
- Shorter, faster, more precise shifts
- 10% lighter then OE stamped steel cover
- Fits stock B Series single disc flywheel (or any aftermarket single disc flywheel designed for OE style clutch kits)
- Heavier diaphragm allows more clamping force to be obtained
- Modified pivot point on steel casting makes pedal feel minimally heavier then a stock clutch.
- Works with factory hydraulics (For best results we recommend our internal hydraulic release bearing and master cylinder upgrades)
- Comes with new throw out bearing specifically designed to take advantage of the short throw of the clutch
- Available in several different disc material configurations for street or track use
The FX250SS System uses the Power Plus I Heavy-Duty Pressure Plate and utilizes a combination of our Fiber Tough friction material on the side of the disc contacting the pressure plate, and steel backed organic friction material on the flywheel side of the disc. This clutch is designed for the street enthusiast or weekend racer who plans to abuse their vehicle on an occasional basis and has a very spirited driving style. The FX250SS clutch system has a higher holding capacity than a traditional full faced kevlar without compromising the street friendly characteristics exhibited in the FX100 and FX200 series.
- Heavy-Duty Hybrid Disc with Fiber Tough Material on Pressure Plate side and Steel Backed Organic Friction Material on the Flywheel Side
- Fiber Tough and Steel Backed Organic Friction Material
- Heavy-Duty Sprung Hub
- Marcel Spring Wafer
- OEM or better Release Bearing
- Pilot Bearing
- Alignment Tool
- Instruction Card
** DOES NOT INCLUDE FLYWHEEL **
- Item Requires Shipping
- 15.0 lbs.
- W12.0000” x H12.0000” x L4.0000”
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.