Single Disc Clutch Kits
Our Short Shift (or SS) series of billet aluminum clutch covers were designed to take a typical single disc clutch kit to that next level of performance. From the get go our engineers sat down to develop a clutch kit that was street friendly, allowed for faster shifts, lighter rotating mass, and the consistent pedal feel you expect from a clutch on the track". To accomplish this we took everything we've learned from decades of perfecting our 725 Series Twin Disc clutch kits and designed it around the fitment of an OE style clutch cover. By doing this we've created something we feel is perfect for those enthusiasts that want every last bit of performance they can eke out of their car. The Short Shift series of clutch kits are perfect for the daily driven street car as well as a dedicated race car that doesn't make the power to necessitate a twin disc.
Features of Short Shift Billet Clutch Kits:
- Shorter, faster, more precise shifts
- 10% lighter then OE stamped steel cover
- Fits stock single disc flywheel (or any aftermarket single disc flywheel designed for OE style clutch kits)
- Heavier diaphragm allows more clamping force to be obtained
- Modified pivot point on steel casting makes pedal feel minimally heavier then a stock clutch.
- Works with factory hydraulics (For best results we recommend our internal hydraulic release bearing and master cylinder upgrades)
- Comes with new throw out bearing specifically designed to take advantage of the short throw of the clutch
- Available in several different disc material configurations for street or track use
Warning: The FX500SS is a Solid Hub (rigid) disc that engages and disengages instantly. This is a Race Only clutch.
The versatile FX500SS System uses our Power Plus II Pressure Plate along with a solid (rigid, unsprung) center 6 or 8 Puck Ceramic Button disc or a Sintered Iron Disc. The FX500 disc is designed for outstanding holding capacity and rapid heat dissipation.
The FX500SS ceramic paddle design creates a quick and rapid engagement as well as clutch chatter that is not recommended for the street.
Custom full drag race FX500 systems utilizing the Sintered Iron friction material are designed for, and thrive, under the most extreme conditions. This system is custom built for the specific application. Please call us with your special requirements for pricing and availability.
All stages come as a complete kit including disc, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bearing (when applicable), and alignment tool. (Individual components available upon request)
- Solid 4 or 6 Puck Segmented or 8 Puck Full-Face Ceramic Button Disc
- Premium Ceramic Friction Material
- Solid Hub
- No Marcel
- Custom Sintered Iron Disc
- Sintered Iron Friction Material
- Solid Hub
- No Marcel
- OEM or better Release Bearing
- Alignment Tool
- Instruction Card
*Ceramic based clutch discs are not intended to increase the life expectancy of a clutch rather to increase the holding capacity and improve the durability of the clutch. Using a ceramic based material for easy street driving may reduce the life of the clutch kit due to harsh engagement and higher tendency to slip the clutch kit. Ceramic discs are never recommended for stock or near stock vehicle applications.
SFI Certified to spec 1.2 for competition in NHRA, NDRA, IDRC, IHRA, SCCA and NASA.
** DOES NOT INCLUDE FLYWHEEL **
** Short Shift series covers for the K20/K24 only fit the 2002-2011 6-speed flywheel. If you have any year 5-speed or a 6-speed from later gen 2.4L SI (2012-2015) you will need a flywheel as well. You can use our FW-037-SF or AL flywheels **
- Item Requires Shipping
- 15.0 lbs.
- W12.0000” x H12.0000” x L4.0000”
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.